The Art of Writing an Epic Saga

Monday, May 9, 2011

91% can't be wrong!

Yep, that's right. 91% of voters wanted more!

Okay, so you're wondering what's going on. Well, let me explain.

A long while ago I began uploading the first chapter of Sacred Knight as a graphic novel as a preview. It was only meant to be a few pages, but then I started thinking about uploading the whole chapter. Since I wasn't sure if anyone really wanted to finish reading it, I put up a poll to ask the people who mattered -- the readers.

A lot has happened since I first started that poll. For one, I wrote the whole novel (which started out as drafting the the script for the graphic novel) and I've made the decision to redo this whole chapter with color (thanks to Manga Studios 4). Hopefully some better art too -- hopefully I've learned something in this time!

Still, 91% of the voters wanted to see the rest of the first chapter. I don't want to disappoint. So, I'm continuing to post the first chapter in all its "basement art" wonderfulness! We all have to start somewhere.

Here's your preview. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I should've mentioned that one new page was added to the old preview tonight. I'll be continuing to add a page per day until we get to the end of the first chapter.

    ReplyDelete