The Art of Writing an Epic Saga

Monday, May 16, 2011

An early image

Several years ago when I first started thinking about drawing Steigan and I was just learning how to color in Photoshop, I drew this:

Preparing For Battle 
Digital Image 
© 2007 Dawn Blair


Not too shabby for a beginning. I learned and that's what counts.

But as I came across it not too long ago, I realized that it had a close name as the track by Nathan Chamberland I purchased for the video music from AudioMicro. Very strange. But I loved the Prepare For Battle track ever since the first time I heard it. Whenever I needed inspiration, I'd go out and listen to it. It's like the music fit the story so well as though it were written with it in mind. When this gets made into a movie, I hope Nathan Chamberland can do the film score! That is my greatest hope. To me, Chamberland is the John Williams for Sacred Knight. All I have to do is listen to the music and scenes from this story flow through my head and I get goose bumps down my arms.

Really, with Prepare For Battle, I couldn't have asked for better trailer music and something to build my brand around. If you haven't watched the two book videos, click the YouTube link on the right and go do it now. Enjoy the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment