The Art of Writing an Epic Saga

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Can spam email be good?

I, like you, get a lot of spam. Who doesn't these days? So is it possible that spam could ever be a good thing?

I certainly didn't think so until earlier last week. That's when I got an email that gave me an idea. All I could read on the email line was From: reverend father laurie...

Needless to say, it made me laugh. A "father reverend" with a girl's name of Laurie? Really!

Of course that got my brain to thinking. What if the rest of the name "twisted" to make it masculine?

Brain playing some more. Can you hear it?

I knew it was from that familiar little tickle that I get when something is working out. So I waited and let my subconscious mix it around. Worse, I left the annoying little spam blocker notification in my inbox just so I wouldn't forget what my brain was mulling. Usually that's the first thing I get rid of during the day.

Then, late in the morning, the tickle turned to a "ding." Just like toast popping, a name came out of the machine: Laurierant.

But if I thought I was done there, I wasn't. A character was about to be born.

So, has spam ever been a good thing in your life? Or have you had a similar experience? Keep your eyes open. You never know what you might see.

No comments:

Post a Comment