The Art of Writing an Epic Saga

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Plotting and replotting

For the second time I've thrown out several chapters of the book and started again.

The first time I was about chapter 22 when I threw It all out and started again. This time was at chapter 32 and went all the way back to chapter 14, though I did add in a chapter 2.5 and rewrote major sections of earlier chapters.

It's part of that "making the story harder" I spoke of in the last post. I really do love the levels it's getting. It may take being a writer to understand that concept. So many jobs in today's society only have one answer, one necessary outcome. Flip the burger and make sure it's fully cooked. Sell the widget, meet the monthly quota. I could have even written this story once and shipped it to the world.

But you'll love it more because I peeled back the top soil to see what other beastly little plot twists lay wriggling in the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment